Saturday 29 October 2011

iOS 5 reminder based on "location"

If you have been anticipating the iOS5, this is the first time that I'm blogging about this here.
One of the key factors that I have been looking forward is the reminder based on location. It makes sense that the reminder works in that way, as it will be cool to have the iPhone telling me about the things that I have to do when I enter my office.
It will also be practical for a lot of things. For example, when I go to the shopping mall, the reminder could tell me on what I have to buy.

Well, having try the new feature, I was impressed and yet disappointed at the same time. While it may be useful, it is difficult to set the reminder. The location that you want to set will need to be added into the contacts first before you can set it. This could be rather troublesome.

I was thinking in the line where one could search the location through Google Map or something like that.

Besides, when one set the reminder based on location, this will eat up the battery quickly due to the usage of the GPS to locate one's location.

Well, I believe there is still a long way for Apple to improve the functionality of this feature. Hopefully, there will be update to enable an easier method to set the location remnder.

No comments:

Post a Comment