Tuesday 19 October 2010

Digi 3G Now in Kulim


It just surprise me today when I plugged my Digi 3G USB modem to my laptop and see the blue light blinking as this blue light means that I'm having 3G connection. When the Mobile Partner application loads, it is confirmed to me that Digi 3G now in Kulim as well and it means that I will have faster and stable internet connection.

First of all, I am not paid by Digi to promote the 3G service. I am writing this because I used all the broadband providers in Malaysia and Digi service satisfies me the most even when Digi has no 3G coverage in Kulim.

The first broadband service that I use is Maxis which did not last the seven days trial period last time due to lack of coverage in Kulim 2-3 years back. I still have my Streamyx service though, but sometimes when we go out of the house, we cannot use Streamyx because Streamyx is a wired Internet service, so I have no choice but to use one of those wireless broadband service that is available and that time Maxis is having promotion in my office.

Next, I switch to Celcom, which I'm quite satisfied with the service in the beginning. Slowly, the service turn from bad to worse and until I cannot bear with it anymore. Can you imagine, having HSDPA connectivity but not even successfully load a webpage while running MSN in the background or load two webpages at the same time. And if that is not bad enough, the connectivity will break like almost every few minutes and I have to keep refreshing the browser to load one webpage.

After Celcom, I decided to give Digi a try, knowing that there is no 3G coverage in Kulim. However to my surprise, the Edge connectivity that Digi has seems to be quite alright, best of all the Edge connectivity is stable compares to the HSDPA connectivity that I get from Celcom 3G. At least now I can still view few webpages and at the same time running the instant messaging in the background.

At the same time, I re-subscribe back to Maxis as one of my friend is saying that the Maxis 3G service is becoming better in Kulim recently, and yes, I can definitely tell you that I love it especially in my room where it is fast. Again, the problem that I find with Maxis is whenever I leave my room, I will be reverting back to the snail GPRS connection, unlike the Digi 3G service which I am using it to connect to the Internet now while I blogged this post. :D

If one is asking me to rate the broadband service by these three telcos, I would rate Digi the best, followed by Maxis and will advice him or her not to take up the Celcom service. In fact, I am not the only one facing problem with Celcom, my housemate is also facing the same and the move on to Maxis.

No comments:

Post a Comment