Monday 21 June 2010

all the new phones out there but I'm sticking to my old one...

I know...there are so many new phones around...and all of them come with great features.
The temptation to buy one is too great but nevertheless, if you start to think with your brain, you will realize it doesn't worth the money.

I am still using my old HTC P3600i (trinity) and for those of you who have been bored of me telling how awesome my phone is, I want you to take your time and think about the advantage that the new iphone4 has that my HTC don't have.

First of all, iphone 4 is coming up with video call (finally, thank goodness!!) but my HTC P3600i has been able to go for video call for a long time. Of course, I must give credit to the Apple mega popular phone for having a nicer camera and video...HD apparently. Here is one area that my HTC is beaten flat. Talking about other ability....multitasking...it's something that is in HTC for quite a long time. And I could even do switchprogam (similar to our desktop Alt-Tab) with my HTC P3600i thanks to the Spb PocketPlus feature.

There is still a need for the usage of stylus and I must admit messaging is not as easy as iphone probably but if you are good at using stylus, it might be quite easy for messaging as well. Battery wise, HTC P3600i has one of the best and the only time I need to be charging it consistently is when I am using it to go online all the time. (But isn't that the same for all the other phones...)
Speed wise...yah...I know...I'm way behind the latest technology but what difference does that make? Don't tell me you are going to use your smartphone to do something important that requires a fantastically fast speed. I wouldn't boast about the speed of my HTC Trinity but it definitely is good enough for daily usage.

Social networking...there are plenty of applications out there...and I could go for Facebook and Twitter as easily as one could go for it using iphone. Well, I have my Office...probably not the new one but then, it works magic....and if I get myself an external keyboard, I could work on my articles and blogs easily using my smartphone.

So, why the need for a new phone? Well, the only reason could be the cool factor and I ain't gonna dump my money in for the sake of cool...there are so many other things that might be worth the money...maybe the new Xbox and Kinect? and don't forget about the new Nintendo DS...so think before you buy.

You might be buying yourself something better with the money you save from all the unnecessary ones...connection is important but let's use it wisely. Think before you buy the new phone...don't be tricked and manipulated by the hype all around the HTC Evo 4G and iphone 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment